March 20, 2023
A Dive into the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center
February 2, 2022
Security of project data and clients’ sensitive information is important for organizations. Implementing security and compliance protocols, they use Office 365 Security and Compliance Center. Furthermore, organizations should think of project data backup as an additional level of security and protection.
Why do organizations use the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center?
Data in the business environment is increasingly ubiquitous, scattered across on-prem servers to the cloud. So, data security management in today’s organizations is complex and cumbersome. Human errors or unforeseen circumstances can cause data leaks, corruption, and loss of mission-critical files. As a PMO or PPM, you need efficient strategies to secure mission-critical project data. The Office 365 Security and Compliance Center can help project managers overcome these challenges by:
- Allowing you to monitor and grant permissions and access to users.
- Helping you protect mission-critical data by restricting access.
- Granting permission to compliance specialists to ensure seamless implementation of data loss prevention strategies, such as cloud backup solutions.
- Allowing you to grant access to assigned or permitted tasks only.
- Ensuring organization-wide data security and compliance.
Security and compliance are crucial for project management success, but some PMOs and PPMs neglect Microsoft Office 365 Security due to the challenges of managing and securing ubiquitous data. Use o365 Security and Compliance to simplify monitoring and granting permissions.
How to use the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center
Understanding Office 365 Security is crucial for PMOs and PPMs to protect data and increase its value for organizations. The o365 Security and Compliance Center is accessible to administrators and members of authorized role groups.
- Roles: The Office 365 Security and Compliance Center uses role-based access control (RBAC). You can grant access to team members with specific roles. For example, the Hold role allows the user to place mailboxes on hold. This function is part of the Office 365 backup and recovery policy.
- Role Groups: Instead of granting permission to one user at a time, o365 Security and Compliance allow you to add authorized users to the appropriate groups. All group members inherit permissions granted to that group. The center also provides default role groups for the most common tasks, such as Communication Compliance.
- Assigning Permissions: Log in to your Office 365 account and go to Security and Compliance in the admin center. Then, click the Permissions tab, select the role group to add the user, and edit. Navigate to Members, add the user, and click OK to confirm and save changes.
Limiting access using the o365 Security and Compliance Center can mitigate the risk of data leaks. You can also restrict editing and deleting permissions to reduce accidental deletions and data loss. However, working in Microsoft Project for the Web as a part of Office 365 suite, role restriction isn’t enough to eliminate the risk of data loss. Erroneous deletions due to human errors can still happen. That’s why you need an additional layer of protection for your Project for the Web environment. Use third-party cloud backup solutions to protect data in Microsoft Project for the Web.
FluentPro Backup for Project for the Web is the best cloud data protection. It provides fully automated backup and restore, helping you eliminate human errors and avoid data loss.
Prioritize o365 Security and Compliance to avoid risks
Unrestricted access to projects, portfolios, and programs increases the risk of data leaks, erroneous deletions, and data loss. But team members also need access to data to accomplish their tasks. Using the o365 Security and Compliance Center is the best way to monitor and grant correct access and permissions to your team members. To overcome the shortcomings of o365 Security, add a layer of protection to your Project for the Web environment. Use the best third-party data protection solution like FluentPro Backup for Project for the Web.
Benefits of using the o365 Security and Compliance Center and cloud backup
Using the Microsoft Office 365 Security and Compliance Center offers several benefits for your organization.
- The admin center can help you prioritize security and compliance without compromising your team’s productivity.
- Reduce the risk of leaks and data loss by limiting team members’ access and permissions.
- You can enforce rules consistently at the group level for efficient data governance.
Protecting Microsoft Project for the Web additionally with cloud backup can bring even more value. Industry-leading cloud data protection software FluentPro Backup:
- Offers fully automated continuous backup of Project for the Web data.
- Eliminates the risk of data loss due to human errors or system crashes.
- Restores lost, damaged, or corrupted data from backup copies.
- Reduces manual work and repetitive tasks with its automated Project for the Web backup solution.
Whether you’re a PMO or PPM, prioritize security and compliance to protect your organization’s interests. Combine Microsoft Office 365 Security and third-party cloud backup solutions for reliable data loss protection.
Learn more about FluentPro Backup for Project for the Web
by reading Project Backup for Microsoft Project for the Web