December 14, 2022
How to Restore Smartsheet Project to a Previous Version
September 22, 2022
Project managers everywhere use project management tools to run their business operations efficiently. Smartsheet software is a flexible work management tool with spreadsheet-centric functionality designed to monitor team projects. With a tool like Smartsheet, PMOs and Project Managers can combine collaboration and management capabilities with a familiar spreadsheet format to achieve organizational success. However, project managers can only get the best from using Smartsheet when reliable cloud data protection is in place.
Smartsheet and the Challenge with Data Restoration
Human errors and system misconfigurations are common. They can compromise your data integrity and reduce your productive advantage. Smartsheet’s ability to restore previous versions comes in handy in these situations. However, things are not always that easy.
For instance, you may lose some rows in a sheet, assuming you saved the sheet after 10 minutes of inactivity. Restoring such rows may be extremely difficult since you can’t find them, especially when you did not activate any Smartsheet backup.
Even if you contact Smartsheet support to pull a previous version of your sheet, you still might not have your rows back. If the rows you lost were added today, there is no guarantee that Smartsheet will have them. Moreover, they send you a CSV file, which you must import to Smartsheet. That means that any formatting or formulas you included previously won’t be imported.
Finally, you’ll still lose mission-critical data and productive work hours. Even if you check the “activity log,” hoping to find what has changed with your rows and possibly recreate them, you may find nothing.
These unforeseen circumstances and frustrations can be mitigated by setting up a Smartsheet recurring backup.
Choosing the proper Smartsheet backup and restore approach
Know that you’re not the only one if your business has trouble figuring out how to restore Smartsheet project to the previous version. Many companies that were once in a similar situation have discovered the perfect solution to their data loss concerns: FluentPro Backup, one of the best-recommended cloud backup solutions.
Recover Lost Tasks with FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet
FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet enables users to get automated continuous backup and restore mission-critical data. With this cloud data backup solution, IT administrators can manage hundreds of projects confidently, knowing that their sheets are safe and secure.
- Once FluentPro Backup is linked to your Smartsheet environment, it automatically backs up any recent changes you made to your project.
- If you need to restore Smartsheet project to a previous version or to recover some crucial data, launch the ‘Data Operation’ page to start the restore process. You will find all the sheets connected to your project.
- Choose the relevant sheet and the various restore options available to you. You can restore single or multiple sheets and review completed or failed backups. The date range allows you to select and restore any sheet to a particular point in time.
- Clicking the ‘Full backup summary’ allows you to select and restore more data without losing formulas or formatting. You can also merge sheets and restore them at your convenience.
- The ‘Operation details’ page on FluentPro Backup enables project managers to access the full backup summary and restore all or selected sheets, workspaces, groups, or users as needed. The page also allows you to view the status and progress of your restoration activities.
FluentPro Backup ensures data safety and creates retrievable backup copies while working on demand or a specific schedule with Smartsheet.
Protect your Business from Disruption
Due to a lack of reliable project restoration tools, many companies have lost crucial project and organization data and money and received unfavorable customer feedback. Investing in FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet can restore deleted or lost sheets, tasks, and projects when necessary and avoid any difficulties.
Enjoy Robust Benefits in Using FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet
Thanks to its security and reliability, FluentPro solutions are used by thousands of organizations, including many in the Fortune 500. FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet provides numerous benefits:
- Automated continuous Smartsheet data backups and restore.
- Ability to back up all data or just selected tasks and projects.
- Reduction of data loss risks and other damage caused by human errors.
- Restore Smartsheet project data by going back in time with backup versions for all environments.
- Eliminate the need for manual backups; automatically scheduled backups give the team more time to focus on completing the project.
- With cloud-based backup, it’s possible to retrieve critical missing files whenever needed.
- Safe and reliable data promotes productivity and efficiency.
Get FluentPro Backup for Smartsheet demo
to experience the most recommended solution