FluentPro Integration Hub is a leading cloud-based middleware integration solution for connecting Project and Portfolio, Work Management, and Financial Management systems. The connector we describe in the article below is Project Online & Office 365 Outlook.
Why is there a need?
Like other FluentPro Integration Hub connectors, this integration scenario aims to provide more information visibility and insight to team members. Specifically, integration with Office 365 Outlook enables organizations to bring the tasks marked for synchronization to the team member’s Office 365 Outlook as events on their Calendar. The sync is one-directional and can run both on schedule and on-demand. Tasks are created and managed in Project Online as part of projects by Project Managers and then automatically synchronized to the Office 365 Outlook Calendars. This way, team members can see their tasks in the familiar environment they use daily without switching between different tools; they can view their plans for the current or upcoming weeks and better plan their days. Connecting Microsoft Project Online and Outlook is easier than ever before.
How exactly does it work?
The setup itself is straightforward, and the process of creating and syncing a task looks like this:
1. You create a new project or open an existing one in Project Online.
2. Then you add a new task with the defined title and start and finish dates, and add an assignment(s).
3. Set the ‘Create event’ custom field to ‘Yes.’
4. Finally, run the integration link.
A calendar event with defined parameters is created in Office 365 Outlook Calendar.
The following Project Online task values will be migrated to Office 365 Outlook:
- Project Online → Office 365 Outlook
- Task Name → Event Name
- Start Date → Start
- Finish Date → End
- Resource Name → Attendee
Additionally, this integration scenario supports:
- Event deletion: if a task has been removed in Project Online, it will also be deleted in Office 365 Outlook.
- Multiple assignments: resources from multiple assignments from Project Online will be added to Outlook as attendees.
The critical value this integration provides is that each project member has permanent access to the tasks and activities assigned to them, synced with their Calendar, and will receive notifications. This means all the team members are in sync without any additional manual work or effort spent, allowing them to be more effective in their work planning.
Request a quick demo
to see how Integration Hub automates synchronization